Internet of things (IoT) is giving birth to exciting new applications for ecommerce, supply-chain management, customer care, workforce optimization, and e-learning— applications that streamline and improve processes, speed up turnaround times, lower costs, and increase user satisfaction. These advances in turn require adaptable security infrastructure and policies to protect organizations from advanced persistent threats. UCtriX’s Security Resource Team provides an agile and vigilant security process for all enterprises.
Security Policy Provisioning:
As enterprise security managers open their networks to more users and applications, they also expose these networks to greater risk. The result has been an increase in the business security requirements.
Firewall security policies are the basis for a sound security implementation. UCtriX, foreseeing the security challenges of IoT, provides a unique security service, SRT (Security Resource Team) – a team of security professionals that dramatically reduce application delivery timeline from weeks to hours. Deliverable includes;
- Establishment, implementation, validation of relevant processes to effectively implement all Firewall Security Policies within the umbrella of Corporate IT security Policy
- The effective quality assurance and control processes, with exception detection, mitigation strategy and reporting mechanisms.
- Ensuring adequate testing is performed on new firewall polices provisioned prior to marking the application connectivity as ‘Complete’
Firewall Rules Optimization:
It is estimated that around 10-20% rules in a typical firewall environment are duplicated, causing hardware performance impact on the firewall. uctrix SRT provides a wide range of actionable recommendations to clean up, optimize, and tighten firewall security policy. We can uncover unused, duplicate and expired rules and objects, and can even consolidate similar rules. This will not only enhance the firewall hardware efficiencies but would also reduce the troubleshooting time required for end-to-end application testing.
Additionally, SRT provides explicit recommendations on how to reorder rules for optimal firewall performance while retaining policy logic.
Monitoring & Reporting on KPIs & Changes:
Change monitoring contains the mechanisms, tools, and techniques which permit the identification of security events that could impact the critical network operations. As a vital part of uctrix FRT deliverable, it includes the actions to identify the important elements of an event and to report that information appropriately.
- Reporting on changes made
- Reporting on roll back with reasons
- Resolution, post-incident follow up and reporting to appropriate parties
- Reporting on KPI’s
Download brochure (PDF)